Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced small sided soccer game that is played across the world and is officially recognized by both FIFA and UEFA. Futsal has huge benefits for youth player development.
Large emphasis on technical skill in high pressure situations which can be translated into the outdoor game.
Demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and pin-point passing.
Helps increase speed of play and decision making
Emphasis on skill rather than physical contact.
Sign up now before registration closes on March 14th!
GGFC Downtown Futsal League Details Below
**Open to all girls born in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013**
Dates of Play
Weekends of March 28/29; April 4/5, 25/26; May 2/3, 9/10, 16/17, 30/31; June 6/7 and 13/14
(1 game per weekend, total 9 games : 8 regular + 1 bonus “make up" games *)
* in lieu of making up any black out dates, 1 bonus games is included in the schedule
Divisions, Game Times, Locations
- 03/04/05 Division (for girls born in 2003, 2004, 2005)
on Sundays listed above (1 hr game w/ start times from 12:00-6:00 PM)
Location: PS 276, occasionally PS 234 (292 Greenwich Street) **
- 06/07 Division (Girls born in 2006, 2007)
Location: PS 276 (55 Battery Place)
- 08 Division (Girls born in 2008)
on Saturdays listed above (1 hr game w/ start times from 12:00-6:00PM)
- 09 Division (Girls born in 2009)
- 10 Division (Girls born in 2010)
on Sundays listed above (1 hr game w/ start times from 9:00AM-6:00PM)
Location: PS 234 (292 Greenwich Street)
- 11 Division (Girls born in 2011)
- 12/13 Division (Girls born in 2012, 2013)
- There are no team practices but professional coaching will be provided at each game.
- Girls who play travel soccer are OK to play up 1 division if desired
- If needed to ensure a complete slate of games, age divisions may be combined or a Queen of the Court (QOC) tourney format may be used. (Queen of the Court (QOC) format is where the girls play 2 mini-games, mixing up team.)
*** Games at PS 234 will provide an extra challenge for the players (play in a tighter space)
*** Cost: $200 per player for the season (10 games = 9 regular + 1 bonus "snow day" games )
*** Team Roster Size: 6-7 players (occasionally more)
*** Game : Futsal (4v4 or 3v3 indoor soccer)
*** Details: 25 min halves, 8-10 minute coaching session at the half
Special days - Crazy Socks, Music, Silent Sunday, Pass Happy, Movesarrific
Click here to see some amazing skills from the best female futsal players (like Marta, Amandinha, and Amelia Romero) and here for testimonials from parents of Downtown Futsal.
Your module is not being displayed because it is configured with an incompatible Module Style.
In the settings panel, change the Module Style setting to Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only